Out of $88 trillion of assets under management (AUM) globally 25% are invested according to ESG principles.
1. ESG strategies are being integrated into portfolios at a fast pace. The ESG portfolio integration growth rate is 17% a year.
2. 51% of non-ESG investors would like for their advisers to discuss ESG investments with them. 3
3. Female investors are almost twice as likely than male investors to consider both returns and positive impact when deciding on investments. 4
4. 42% of investors regard that the ESG impact is an important consideration when making investment decisions.
5. 67% of millennials place a higher value on impact investing and are long term investment oriented. 6
1McKinsey and Company, “From ‘why’ to ‘why not’: Sustainable investing as the new normal,” October 2017
2The Cerulli Report, U.S. Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance Investing 2017: Addressing True Client Demand for ESG Criteria, 2017
3State Street Global Advisors, The Transformative Power of Philanthropy: An Exploration of How the Desire to Make an Impact is Evolving Advisor-Client Relationships, 2016
4Morgan Stanley Institute for Sustainable Investing, “Sustainable Signals: The Individual Investor Perspective,” 2015
5State Street Global Advisors, The Transformative Power of Philanthropy: An Exploration of How the Desire to Make an Impact is Evolving Advisor-Client Relationships, 2016
6US Trust, “Insights on Wealth and Worth Survey,” 2014; Calvert Investments Survey, 2015